Oral Medicine in Hamilton (Jackson Square), Burlington, Cambridge and St. Catharines!
Oral Medicine is the aspect of dentistry that includes the diagnosis and management of medically related disorders or conditions affecting the mouth and jaw. Our caring team of providers offers a comprehensive approach to the diagnosis and management of problems such as oral soft and hard tissue diseases, dry mouth and salivary gland disorders, facial pain, burning mouth, temporomandibular disorders and much more.
Conditions or patient complaints that typically present to our practice include:
Soft / hard tissue lesions of the mouth (cheek, lips, gums, tongue, floor of mouth)
- Oral cancer screening and evalaution
- Red and white spots / patches
- Lumps, bumps or swellings
- Ulcers, Canker sores or Blisters
- Mucocutaneous disorders of the mouth
- Soft tissue infections (e.g.: fungal, herpes, bacterial)
Dry mouth (Xerostomia) / salivary gland disorders
Mouth problems from medical conditions, and their treatment (e.g.: cancer)
Orofacial pain and Temporomandibular disorder (TMD)
- Problems with the temporomandibular joint (TMJ)
- Facial muscle pain
- Nerve related (neuropathic) pain
- Toothache or facial pain not related to the teeth
Services provided within our practice include:
- Soft and hard tissue biopsies
- Testing for salivary gland disorders (e.g.: Sjögren’s syndrome) to include salivary flow rate measurement, minor salivary gland biopsy
- Management with medications
- Oral appliance fabrication (for TMD or for snoring / obstructive sleep apnea)
- Counseling on pain management, behavioral modification and coping strategies
- Diagnostic or therapeutic injections for soft tissue lesions or facial pain conditions
- Coordination of care with other providers (dentists, doctors, physiotherapists).
For more information or for an evaluation, please contact us.
Martindale Dental provides both general and specialty dentistry under one roof. For more than 20 years, our dentists have been advocates for their patients oral health care needs. Our dental offices are conveniently located in Hamilton (Jackson Square), St Catharines, Burlington and Cambridge, Ontario. We offer convenient appointments before or after work & on weekends.